We have a need for experienced, versatile, tech-savvy Instructional Designers/Developers to work with a training team to develop/update training (primarily elearning) materials for a new system rollout. The successful candidate for this position will have strong writing and courseware design skills to develop training and support materials in all formats (elearning, quick reference cards, reference materials, classroom training materials, self-study guides, and training tips). Must have experience working with Adobe Captivate, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as with Content Management Systems. This is a contract position with our Fortune 100 financial services client.
Type of Position: Contractor
Full time, on-site in South Jordan Utah
Term: Approximately 6+ months
Approximate start date: ASAP
Rate: Great rate for great candidates!
- Work with business partners to identify learning objectives based on target audience (new hires)
- Design and develop training materials and documentation for a major new system rollout
- Design/develop training in formats including, but not limited to, eLearning, quick reference cards, reference materials / online manual pages, instructor led training, coaching guides, participant materials, team meetings in a box, self-study guides, and training tips
- Develop eLearning courses using Adobe Captivate and Creative Cloud (Note: The elearning responsibilities of this position will be with both creating courses from scratch and updating existing courses)
- Provide support to training facilitators with train-the-trainer materials designed to help them to effectively and efficiently deliver developed curriculum
- Work with business partners and initiative sponsors under tight deadlines to draft procedures for representatives that reference/interlink with policies
- Load courseware and documentation to a Content Management System, interlinking content to internal and external content as needed and managing pages within the site for clean, intuitive, accurate display. Some HTML experience is preferred, particularly for troubleshooting.
- Work effectively with other team members or outside contractors to develop curriculum.
- 10+ years’ training design and development experience
- Several years in financial services and/or L&D setting (a plus, but not required)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or other training related degree
- Technology: Solid hands-on experience and proficiency with:
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Animate (Flash Pro), and Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with loading and managing courseware and documentation into a Content Management System
- Basic HTML
- Bloom’s Taxonomy of Learning
- Comprehensive understanding of the instructional design and development process
- Critical thinking and translation of business needs into technology solutions
- Excellent written/oral communication and listening skills
- Ability to use established templates, including a defined Curriculum Style Guide, follow strict development rules, standards, and timelines
- Experience with developing storyboards using PPT/training materials and documentation for system rollout/updates and new product launches
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapid turnaround
If you think you would be a great fit for this position and are eager to work with an awesome team, please send us your resume, along with a detailed explanation of comparable experience with your response.
Information Integration, Inc. (i3) is a leading provider of integrated documentation, training, video, and “point-of-need” solutions since 1990. Join our team of experienced professionals today and become part of the i3 difference!
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.